Welcome to the Earth Friendly Homeowner Podcast
In this first episode of The Earth Friendly Homeowner Podcast we discuss our personal journey and the reason we started this website, blog and podcast.
Why did you want to create this podcast?
I’m Diane Downey, and I wanted to create this podcast because I really believe that the soil can save us – water, carbon and climate change are all linked together, and if we change the way we look at our landscapes we can make a huge difference.
I’m Sheri Menelli, I’ve wanted to create a podcast because I know if we just had a way to get out some of the information that we knew out to the public, we’d have less pollution in our water, healthier soil and less damage from droughts and floods.
There are so many ways that nature heals itself.
We also talk about what is next for the podcast and topics we’ll be covering in the future.
G3 Green Gardens Group teaches homeowners and professionals the Watershed Wise Landscape approach to landscaping. Check out the calendar of homeowner classes. Sheri and Diane both teach classes for G3 and there are several other amazing instructors. We highly recommend you take a class (it is free) if you are in Southern California.
The first set of podcasts will answer the typical questions homeowners like you ask us again and again.
My lawn is brown, what do I do?
- Let’s take a big picture look: Why lawn in yards? The History of Lawns in America
- G3, Green Gardens Group are promoting an historical alternative to lawn in Beverly Hills called the Estate lawn. They have worked with seed companies to recreate it and bring it back.
- How much water does a typical lawn use?
- How to create a soil sponge that will protect you regardless of if we have an El Nino or Drought.
- How healthy soil solves environmental problems
Please subscribe to our podcast via iTunes or Stitcher so that you’ll be notified of future episodes. We’d also really appreciate a rating and review telling us what you liked.
Upcoming Show Topics:
- Artificial Turf
- Gravel, rocks, concrete
- Sheet Mulching
- Rainwater harvesting
- Flooding and drought topics
- Composting with worms
- Edible landscaping ideas
- Sheet mulching
- Alternative energy – like solar power
- Removing toxins from your home
Latest posts by earthfriendly (see all)
- Ep13: Solve Climate Change With Judith Schwartz - October 15, 2017
- Ep14 – The Beauty of Flowering Lawns - September 18, 2017
- Ep12: Paul Herzog and Surfrider’s Ocean Friendly Gardens - July 19, 2017