- This event has passed.
Bokashi – The Art Of Zero Food Waste
May 6 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am$40
Learn the Japanese art of Bokashi fermentation and composting at this interactive presentation!
The Bokashi composting method is used for composting ALL organic waste, including meat, dairy and liquids.
It was developed in Japan and used in Asia to ferment food prior to composting. The process uses lactobacillus bacteria to predigest waste matter, which eliminates bad odors and decreases composting time.
The process is similar to yogurt, cheese, and sauerkraut. Bokashi is a great composting method for small spaces.
In this workshop, we will cover the following topics:
- What is Bokashi?
- How is it used?
- Demo of actual Bokashi fermented food waste (FFW) compost
- Bokashi compost bin setup
- Amending depleted potting soil with Bokashi
Class will be taught by Ron McCord of Feed The Soil. Ron is a Master Composter as well as horticulture instructor with at risk youth in North County. He is very passionate about using Bokashi, along with traditional and vermi-composting, to divert organic waste from landfills and return literally tons of organic matter to our depleted soils as plant nurturing soil amendments.
This workshop is packed with information, so don’t be late!
We start promptly at 9:30. Please check in by 9:15.
What to bring:
- Sun Protection: hat, sunscreen, sunglasses
- Suitable Clothing: long pants, long sleeves, closed-toe shoes
- Water bottle
All ages, skill levels, and abilities are welcome!
* BONUSES! *
- If you check in before 9:30, you qualify for the RAFFLE! Don’t miss out on your chance to win landscaping books and starter plants!
- Bring your questions and challenges! We’re happy to offer advice on specific issues during the Q&A session at the end of class.
* MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE *
We are so sure that you will learn valuable, interesting, and new information that we offer a 100% money-back guarantee. If you take this class and you aren’t fully satisfied, we will refund your ticket, no questions asked.
Can’t make it to this class?
Email info@EarthFriendlyHomeowner.com and we will let you know when the next in-person or online class is available.