- The #1 source of ocean pollution
- Why, even if you don’t live at the beach, you should be applying CPR to your landscape
- What are the typical components of an Ocean Friendly Garden
- Where to find the Ocean Friendly Garden criteria
- Examples of Ocean Friendly Gardens from around the USA, including in Ventura and San Francisco, CA, Portland, OR, Jacksonville Beach, FL, Wilmington , NC, Manasquan, NJ, New York City
- Why individuals and their yards can have the biggest impact
- How can you get a sign for your yard.
- What a curb cut is and how its useful
- How to pull carbon out of the atmosphere
The San Diego Sustainable Landscapes Program, where there maybe some more turf removal rebates, after you thought they were all gone!
- Check the Ocean Friendly Garden map to find out if there is one in your neighborhood
- The Earth Friendly Homeowner’s guide to Sheet Mulching, including where to purchase rolls of paper, humate or worm castings and other useful tools to help
Diane Downey and Sheri Menelli specialize in earth-friendly landscaping practices, including vegetable gardening, rainwater capture, soil health, native plants, and efficient irrigation. Diane is a professional landscape designer with over 10 years’ experience, and Sheri is a certified permaculture designer with a six-year-old food forest in her backyard. Combined, they have over two decades of teaching experience. Their classes are taught to the public in the classroom, in the field, and via one-on-one garden coaching sessions.