Our interview for this episode is with Sandy Rowley from Beyond Pesticides.
In this podcast we cover:
- The healing benefits of honey
- Why just planting flowers in your garden won’t necessarily help the bees
- Fiends of the Earth Study: Gardeners Beware (2014): Bee-toxic pesticides found in “bee-friendly plants sold at garden centers across the U.S. and Canada
- Friends of the Earth: Growing Bee Friendly Report (2015)
- Why some mulches can be harmful to bees
- How the big box stores are moving away from bee harming pesticides
- Beyond Pesticide’s Bee Protective resource section
- Building your own Bee Hotel
Check out our Pinterest Board for more ideas on being Bee Friendly
Follow Diane’s board Earth Friendly Homeowner – Bee Hotels on Pinterest.
Diane Downey and Sheri Menelli specialize in earth-friendly landscaping practices, including vegetable gardening, rainwater capture, soil health, native plants, and efficient irrigation. Diane is a professional landscape designer with over 10 years’ experience, and Sheri is a certified permaculture designer with a six-year-old food forest in her backyard. Combined, they have over two decades of teaching experience. Their classes are taught to the public in the classroom, in the field, and via one-on-one garden coaching sessions.